– Save the Date sent to members with link to nomination form [forms available to download from the website and also in branch office and bookshops]
– Nominations close
– Submissions of resolutions close
27 May (latest)
– Official notice of AGM sent to members with agenda and confirming venue
– CVs of nominees published on the website
– AFS and minutes of the 2021 AGM published on the website
– AGM postal/proxy votes open with link to voting forms [forms available to download from the website and also in branch office and bookshops]
– Submissions of questions for the committee close
– AGM postal/proxy votes close
Annual General Meeting of the
Kirstenbosch Branch of the Botanical Society of SA
Saturday 18 June 2022 from 10h00 to 12h30
After a virtual AGM in 2020 and 2021, we plan to host this meeting in person. Confirmation of this, the business of the meeting and the venue will be communicated to members by 27 May, in accordance with constitutional requirements.
Call for Nominations
We invite you to nominate members in good standing to serve on the Kirstenbosch Branch BotSoc committee from 18 June 2022 until the Branch’s next AGM in June 2023. Nominations must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered in a sealed envelope to the BotSoc Bookshop at Kirstenbosch, Gate 1 by close of business on 20 May 2022.
Nomination forms are to be submitted together with a short CV of the nominee. Permission to publicly share the CV should be obtained by signature on the nomination form as this will be made available to members on the BotSoc Kirstenbosch website (in compliance with Protection of Personal Information Act). Please ensure that no private information, such as contact details or ID number, is included on the CV. Please note that failure to supply a CV and the relevant signatures will render your nomination submission invalid.
Resolutions and Questions
Submission of any proposed Resolutions for the AGM will be accepted until close of business on 20 May 2022. Any questions for the Committee for discussion at the AGM should be submitted by close of business on 3 June 2022 to enable sufficient preparation for response at the AGM. Resolutions and questions must be submitted to email@example.com.