– KIRSTENBOSCH BRANCH –
Become a member
of the Botanical Society of South Africa
If you live in the Cape Town area, you automatically become a member of our Kirstenbosch Branch.
There are loads of reasons to join this conservation organisation.
- We are involved in projects and activities across Cape Town to protect our natural world. You can feel good about your contribution to creating a better world.
- We host a number of events throughout the year, including invasive alien ‘hacks’, hikes and talks that are only open to members.
- You can volunteer your time to other worthy causes at Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, such as plant propagation, and restoring and potting species stolen from the wild.
- You receive a quarterly copy of the acclaimed Veld & Flora
- You not only have free access to Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, but also to other SANBI national botanical gardens throughout South Africa.
- Make use of your 10% discount at our Kirstenbosch bookshops in-store.
- And be part of a community of like-minded people who care about our natural world.
Whether you are part of a restoration or a carbon-sequestration project, always be guided by these 10 environmental rules. Plenty of ... MORE
One of South Africa’s most iconic plant groups, the Proteas are both the most well-known members of the Protea family ... MORE
The Princess Vlei restoration project in Cape Town is a key example of successful partnering for ecological restoration. MORE
A favourite with hiking enthusiasts is the classic Skeleton Gorge hike, which will lead you up a series of ... MORE
Find out more about our fundraising activities. Or donate to our conservation work.